- For tax savings in 2021, you need to make your gift by December 31, which this year falls on a Monday. Checks sent by mail need to have a December 31 postmark. Our address: Triangle Land Conservancy, 514 S. Duke Street, Durham, NC 27701.
- Gifts given online can be complete on December 31.
- Giving stock or securities that have increased in value may provide greater tax savings than cash. Here’s the information you need to give stocks or securities to TLC.
- If you are 70½ and older, charitable gifts from your IRA may be advisable. Congress allows an individual to give up to $100,000 from their required distributions tax free to charity. Charitable IRA gifts bypass taxes and also count towards your minimum required distribution.
- Gifts through wills, trusts, insurance policies, retirement plans and other long-range financial plans all can be ways to support your charitable interests, including TLC. We’re happy to set up a time to talk with you about planned giving options.
- Don’t forget “matching gifts” from your employer, which can double and in some cases, triples the value of your gift.
- Ask your financial advisors which methods of giving are best for you.
Your support sets the pace for land conservation across our region. Many important landscapes are on the line and development in the Triangle is quickening. By choosing to prioritize a gift to TLC, you demonstrate the importance of preserving open space, safeguarding access to clean drinking water, conservation of family farms, and stewardship of wild places for recreation and contemplation. Your gift is a gift to the community. Thank you for generously supporting the protection of our natural resources of the places that you love today and for generations to come.
If you need assistance or have questions about your gift, please contact Christine Wilson, Director of Advancement, (919) 908-0059 or email@example.com.