Get Wild! Find your next adventure with TLC. View and register for upcoming events, or search by category for different types of events.
Join us as we celebrate the amazing journey of the Monarch butterfly! Sandy Creek Park is a certified waystation for Monarch butterflies as they migrate throughout North America. This unique Durham park features milkweed, nectar sources and shelter that help sustain Monarchs throughout their migration. In celebration of the Monarchs, the Durham Monarch Festival will feature music, family friendly activities & food. Experts will be giving talks about Monarch biology, ecology, and conservation and pollinator friendly plants will be available for purchase.
Volunteers needed! Click here for more information.
- *Free Educational Materials for All Ages
- *Free Activies for Children
- *Pollinator Plant & Milkweed Seeds for Sale
- *Plants & Other Items available for donations
Activities For Children
- Monarch Reading Corner, stories for all ages
- StoryWalk – Houdini the Amazing Caterpillar
- Butterfly Themed Crafts
- Temporary Tattoos
- Yard Games
- The Spectacular Butterfly Parade
- Balloon (Butterfly) Animals – (from 11AM-4PM only)
- + more!
- The Northeast Creek Puppeteers
- Food Trucks – Bandidos, Heavy Metal Grillers, Flirting with Fire
- Las Monarcas Popsicles
- Rare Pokémon GO Sightings
TLC members do so much for the wild and working lands of the Triangle! From getting the word out about land conservation, to attending TLC events and inviting their friends, championing conservation projects, supporting our work in so many ways, and being our best ambassadors in the community. We want to thank you for all that you do and celebrate another great year of improving lives through conservation!
Join us at Brumley Nature Preserve for an Annual Membership Day celebration. Live music will be provided by the Barred Owls so bring a chair and come enjoy the autumn changes behind the scenes at Brumley. Find out the latest of what TLC has been working on, mingle with members and staff, and learn about some special new projects and partnerships that your support makes possible!
We hope you can join us for the 2017 Annual Membership Day and celebrate all you have done to make the Triangle a healthier and more vibrant place to live!