National Trails Day, which is the first Saturday in June, celebrates our public lands and trails! In this edition of Conservation Conversations, Executive Director Sandy Sweitzer starts off the webinar with a statement about TLC’s work to make the outdoors inclusive and welcoming for all people. Recent events have demonstrated that because of racism, there still is no “outdoors for all,” and TLC is working toward a future where everyone has an opportunity to foster a love for the outdoors. On this webinar, we also talk about “petiquette” with TLC Development Manager Casey Therrien and the East Coast Greenway with East Coast Greenway Alliance NC & VA Coordinator Sarah Sanford.
Stay tuned for information about our next Conservation Conversations!
Watch the full presentation below or on YouTube.
Check out these supplemental resources:
- TLC’s recent statement on whiteness in the outdoors after the murder of Ahmaud Arbery
- TLC’s recent statement on the harassment and racism Christian Cooper faced while birding in Central Park
- Four “petiquette” rules at TLC preserves
- Durham County Pet Waste FAQs
- Durham County Canine Waste Ordinance
- East Coast Greenway