Y’all are incredible — thank you to everyone who donated to TLC this #GivingTuesday!
We are thrilled to have met and then exceeded both of our challenge matches: $10,000 from the Bates Foundation and $10,000 from Wind Point Foundation. Our supporters really brought it home for us by meeting our final challenge — $25,000 for 25,000 acres by 2025 — issued by our Chief Morale Officer, Twymon Howes (Bo’s dog).
We are still receiving donations, but in 24 hours we raised more than $30,000 from about 200 people to protect the places you love close to home. With our match, that’s more than $50,000 total!
We’re so grateful for the outpouring of community support. Thank you for believing in the value of land conservation.
And thank you for sharing why you give! We are so inspired by what you said and wanted to share a few:
- “Trees need friends. They’re kind to us with their shade, beauty, and calm. They clean the air. Go trees!” — John
- “I enjoy spending time in nature in your preserves, and am glad to help support them and acquisition and preservation of more local land.” — Paolo
- “Because it’s the right thing to do.” — Chris and Suzanne
- “Gifting in honor of our grandson born October 7, 2019.” — Dorothy and David
- “Walking through the woods keeps me sane.” — Carey and Lisa
- “In honor of the spiritual homeland, Horton Grove.” — Christopher and Julienne
- “Thank you for allowing mountain biking on some trails!” — Michael
- “You protect bird habitat.” — Kent
- “I grew up on a farm, and playing outside and enjoying nature. I believe we need to preserve natural areas when possible and I support all TLC’s efforts. Happy New Year!” — Carol
- “Grateful for organizations like TLC that work to preserve and conserve our state’s natural resources. These areas provide wonderful natural buffers to development and provide open space for citizens to recreate right in their backyard.” — Rebecca