Donor Database Manager
Triangle Land Conservancy seeks candidates for the position of Donor Database Manager. Applications will be reviewed starting March 30 and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Triangle Land Conservancy (TLC) is a successful and highly respected land trust, having protected over 17,000 acres of land in the rapidly developing Triangle region of North Carolina. For over 30 years, TLC has protected land for water quality, local farms and food, important natural habitat and to connect people with nature. TLC recently completed a strategic plan to align our work to achieve our vision of an increasingly livable Triangle region through land protection and stewardship, collaboration and catalyzing community action. TLC headquarters is in vibrant downtown Durham, just minutes from Duke University. The Triangle consistently ranks as one of the best places in the country to live, work and raise a family, and we believe that TLC will continue to play an important role in enhancing that reputation.
Summary of Position
The Donor Database Manager reports to the Director of Development to assist with implementation of best practices for the management of TLC’s Raiser’s Edge donor and volunteer database including the assurance of data integrity, data extraction, report customization and analysis.
The Donor Database Manager has primary responsibility for maintaining TLC’s Raiser’s Edge database to ensure accurate, appropriate and timely gift processing, gift acknowledgment, gift reporting and reconciliation, and relevant donor and donor prospect tracking.
The Donor Database Manager plays a key strategic role in helping TLC’s development team maximize financial support, communications, and volunteer engagement by identifying donor groups, creating lists for mailings, and running accurate and timely fundraising and financial reports.
This position works closely with the Finance Department to ensure timely and accurate recording and reconciliation of all gifts. This position also works closely with the Communications Manager and Community Engagement Coordinator to provide accurate information and mailing lists and also with the Stewardship Department to ensure landowner and other relevant information is current.
Donor and Donation Data Management:
• Serve as the organization’s expert with the Raiser’s Edge database system and seek opportunities to improve its efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
• Enter pledges and gifts, including credit card transactions, gifts of stock, matching gifts, gifts in kind, etc., and update donor records. Recognize unusual gifts, add new donors, and alert appropriate staff as needed.
• Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data by supervising internal permissions and changes to existing data, including input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support. Supervise volunteer data entry staff as needed.
• Ensure excellent customer service is provided to members, prospects and the public with timely and appropriate stewardship of gifts, including memorial and honorariums, tax receipting, acknowledgment letters, and phone calls.
• Work closely with Finance Department to ensure accurate recording and timely reconciliation of all gifts and reports, especially during calendar and fiscal year-end closing and audit.
• Work closely with staff to help implement a Moves Management system, ensuring that accurate information is maintained about relationships with potential major gift prospects.
• Create lists, queries, reports and other systems for categorizing and differentiating groups for individualized recognition and special events. Strategize with staff to identify donor groups, create lists for mailings and export to mail house, and design and run fundraising reports.
• Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level. Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
Project Support and coordination
• Coordinate with Development staff to ensure alignment between program goals and delivery of member benefits. Participate in developing and implementing department goals.
• Manage and help grow TLC Stewards, the monthly giving donors, with regular stewardship and cultivation.
• Assist in coordinating projects in an organized and timely manner including: solicitation and stewardship mailings, fundraising and donor appreciation events, and preparing materials for meetings, conferences and events
• Provide complete and accurate list of all donors and honorees for newsletters and annual report.
General Administrative Support
• Prepare monthly fundraising reports and bi-monthly reports for Board meetings.
• Use Word and advanced Excel functions to produce reports, appeals, and personalized acknowledgement letters.
• Maintain and organize supply of development specific materials, assist with special events, and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Demonstrated advanced level experience in Raiser’s Edge, including ability to retrieve, analyze and synthesize information to create accurate and comprehensive reports and lists (required).
• High proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook (required).
• Ability to manage multiple projects quickly, simultaneously and with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent persuasive writing and proofreading skills.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to use good judgment, set priorities, and adjust work habits to accommodate deadlines.
• Self-directed with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals, and projects as part of a team.
• Commitment to the mission of Triangle Land Conservancy. Experience with a land trust is helpful.
• Willingness to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems is highly desirable.
• Own or have access to an insured, reliable vehicle to occasionally conduct company business.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and/or experience.
Compensation and benefits: This is a full-time position. Salary in the $30,000-$40,000 range, based on experience, with excellent benefits, including health insurance and generous paid time off.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a list of three references (all as a single pdf, if possible) by e-mail to: email@example.com. References will not be contacted unless you are selected for an interview. Please: no phone calls, drop-ins or paper. Applications will be reviewed starting March 30, 2015.
Triangle Land Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or other protected class. Salary for this position is contingent on experience and qualifications.
"All I want is to sit on my porch and see tomorrow what I see today...and I want my grandchildren to see it too."