Natural areas and well-managed forests support healthy ecosystems and balance our built environment by providing habitat for native plants and animals. This habitat supports opportunities for research and education that reveal how human activities change the natural world that we depend on for food, air, water, and our very lives.
TLC protects wildlife habitat by
• opening public preserves in rural areas for habitat protection and public enjoyment
• identifying and protecting important natural areas and managed forests
• requiring conservation plans on all TLC protected natural areas and managed forests
• restoring land by removing invasive species and increasing native habitats
• encouraging and helping partner organizations protect such land.
"I just really love the outdoors. For me, it’s the belief in something bigger than myself and also having the ability to leave a legacy, because this is all we’ve got."